Wednesday, April 15, 2009

God, send me like company. Amen.

How many of us really trust that 'God is Love?'
How many of us live it, that ourselves and others
might see it and thereby believe it?
I venture to make the candid observation
that the sum is little; and that even
times past accounted for, the total
remains a relative few and has only
ever so painstakingly accrued to its meager standing.

But I understand.
For I am one who seeks.
I am one who receives -
though I have yet to recieve.
I have yet to trust beyond measure.
And at the risk of sounding other than I am,
I shall say: that "reception" is all I really live for.
Without a sense of God's proximity
as nearer than near here and now, however,
even seeking a loving God's embrace
wouldn't really be enough for me.
I wouldn't be able to amass enough meaning
out of our cultural norms (spiritual and material)
to trip and fall without falling away.

But alas, I have received enough to know...
I have brushed against God's
enveloping stance enough times to know
that I need not ever jump!

No comments:

Post a Comment